2009年12月20日日曜日

If From the Right Course I Depart


If from the right course I depart,
Then ease my lot would be;
But I remember
How my Lord Did suffer agony.

2
I'll utterly forsake this world,
And sever all its ties.
My path may narrow more and more;
And all against me rise.

3
Though men may scowl and laugh to scorn,
I only want His smile.
His "well done" only I'd secure
While here this little while.


Not after greatness do I seek,
Nor glory here desire,
But humbly I would serve the Lord,
His praise that day acquire.

5
I'm daily gazing at the light
Shed from His judgment seat,
That all my living and my work
The test of fire may meet.

6
Let others seek for great success,
For glory,wealth,and name;
Let them procure their grandeur here,
Their followers and fame.

7
In solitude and poverty,
Though prospering not in soul,
Yet faithfully I'll follow Him
Until I reach the goal.

8
I know that when on earth He dwelt
His lot was but the cross;
And that is why I only wish
With Him to suffer loss.

9
Since all my glories lie ahead,
I must to patience cleave.
I will not go before my Lord
And glory here receive.

10
That day my honors I will have;
The Lord will dry my tears.
So faithfully I'll still press on
Until my Lord appears.


ある方の要請に応え、
10月27日のW.ニーの詩「進むべき行程から」の英訳
(原文は中国語でしょう)を載せました。
次に御批評を仰ぐために、また参考の為に 
私の訳を次に再掲載致します。

1 件のコメント:

匿名 さんのコメント...

Why viewers still use to read news papers when in this
technological world the whole thing is available on net?


Here is my web page; Louis Vuitton Cheap